Dance Academy Southern Jutland is hiring a Ballet Teacher from the 1st August 2022
Dance Academy Southern Jutland is the region’s largest ballet school with over 100 students between the ages of 6-18 years. The Academy was founded in 2004 as part of Sønderborg Music School to enhance a dynamic, progressive creative environment in the local community with high ambitions and diverse activities. Construction of new facilities for the Academy as an extension to the existing Sonderborg Music House are presently underway with expected completion in autumn 2022.
We are looking to hire a ballet teacher with focus on developing the Academy in collaboration with the current director, Melissa Mathies and existing faculty. Applicants should have a relevant professional background and education in Classical ballet. Modern dance & Contemporary ballet experience is favorable.
As a teacher you will work with colleagues to provide an enriching and supportive learning environment for our students. We are looking for someone who can:
- Effectively teach students of all abilities during our 31 week season.
- Supplement general technical, artistic levels as well as develop talent.
- Produce school performances with responsibility for choreography, music and scenography.
- Teach and develop classes for mature students and adults.
- Develop a recently established Dance inspired primary school program.
Practical and administrative tasks such as preparation, contact with parents, schedule planning, PR, equipment acquisition, development of external activities are a natural part of the above tasks.
- A versatile job with influence upon the professional, artistic, holistic well-being of the academy and it´s students.
- Expertise and sparring with focus towards teaching classical ballet for children.
- A successful dance school environment with a well-respected artistic level.
- Motivated students and parents.
- A lively local scene with possibilities to explore and create artistic projects together with music and cultural institutions and also as a pioneer in creating new projects.
We expect that you:
- Love to inspire children and adults with dance and movement that inspires reflection, presentation and dedication.
- Work in a well prepared and structured manner, taking inspiration from the teaching environment to develop new ideas.
- Embrace the need for open dialogue with colleagues, students and parents.
- Have the ability to teach in Danish and English, or are willing to learn to speak Danish by attending an intensive language course.
The position is currently part-time with a minimum of 15-20 hours per week over 3 days plus extra work on a project basis. We are however intending to develop the position to include more hours with a potential full-time employment over time and the need to reside locally.
We invite eventual candidates to visit us and experience our school, students, colleagues and Sønderborg.
Possibilities for guest-teaching are available for applicants.
For more information about the position please kontakt: Danse Academy, Melissa Mathies ph. +45 27900491, e-mail email@example.com or Sønderborg Music School deputy director ph.+45 27905020, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tilmeld dig balletprøvetime
Har du lyst til at prøve om ballet er noget for dit barn, så tilmeld jer Danseakademiets prøvetime for nye elever i foråret. Prøvetimen varer 60 min. og er målrettet elever i 0.-2. klasse. Hør evt. nærmere ved at kontakte Melissa Mathies